Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 Favorites: Orange

This is the sixth and final post focused on my favorite photos (of mine) in 2013.  I didn't set out to present them in sorta-themed pairs but it just worked out that way.  I had a thirteenth shot that was kind of a borderline favorite so, since it doesn't have a partner, it doesn't make the cut.

Back in the Stone Age, when I was in kindergarten, we made birthday cards for each other.  You got to pick what color construction paper was used on your big day.  I chose purple although I don't really remember thinking of it as my favorite color nor do I think I've really had a clear favorite color since then.

But in my photos, I have noticed that I am often drawn to images with blue and orange, in combination or separately.  I don't know why.

Here are some orange-y favorite photos.


This is a backlit close-up of a variegated tulip, taken last spring.  I like that it's a little abstract.  I like the vibrant colors and the obvious presence of layers, even if you don't know exactly what it is.


I suppose some day I'll look at this and wonder how I could have thought that something this gimmicky was any good.  For what it's worth, it's a zoom blur shot, not the result of cheesy post-processing, but I don't suppose that should really matter.  Can you tell what the subject is?  I shot this while volunteering at our church's pumpkin patch fundraiser (some shifts are less busy than others).  The colors come from pumpkins, grass, and straw.


No comments:

Post a Comment