Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Favorites: Reflections

This is the third post in a series on my 2013 favorite photos.

Cool reflections are harder to find than I thought.  I know this because I spent a fair amount of time looking for them this year.  (Yep, more influence from the ol' assignments list.)

Here are a couple that I found and particularly liked.


This is the Fellerman Ford Bridge in Ripley County, Indiana.  We had planned to attend a geocaching picnic in Ripley County and the hosts listed "stone arch bridges" as a local attraction.  So my son and I went out ahead of my wife and sought a few of these out.  This is the first one we found and the only one that gave up a decent picture.  

I like the curves and the nice clear reflection.  My son has the "wander into the picture and look contemplative" pose down and I greatly prefer this shot - with someone in it - to shots of just the bridge.

This shouldn't matter but it does: I like that this reflection can't be artificially created in Photoshop or wherever since part of the view is only visible as a reflection.


I like that this shot makes you wonder a little about what exactly it is.  It's not as processed as some might think.  This is a reflection of wildflowers in my aunt's backyard pool, flipped 180 degrees.  I like that it's a little thought-provoking and also that it's fairly monochromatic but not in a black/white way.


No comments:

Post a Comment